Although this is my first formal entry, i've been self-confessing for months now, narrating the preamble as i slowly amble up to the start of this journey. Usually "journey" is a word for describing what other people are doing, not yourself. Or it's something people have emotionally, with other people, in private(?) "I'm going on a journey." Kind of self-aggrandizing, like "I'm considered beautiful by most people" - but obviously not quite as lame.

I shipped Whitey Jackson via FedEx. What an awesome experience. M****a of the West LA FedEx/Kinko's on Wilshi*e Boulevard generously offered her employee discount. 47 bucks x-country in 3 business days. Not too shabby. Don't tel M****a i sent you. Whitey Jackson didn't want to go. I asked him: you're not having second thoughts are you? He replied: no, are you? I didn't answer. Why should I? He's a bicycle, and boxed up as well.
What are second thoughts anyway?

Are people with limited map skills supposed to ride bicycles long-distance? Jumping into freezing water. My iphone has a compass.

Comments

  1. are you doing this ride alone or as part of a group?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A small box with your name on it has arrived. It is obviously not Whitey, who will be picked up on Friday morning, stuck on the back of a large Pontiac and taken to my house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. as part of the group comprised of the voices in my head. or alone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dan. Thanks for taking the time to talk to me the other day. I look forward to meeting you sometime.

    Larry sent me the link for your blog. I'm excited about following your progress.

    I'm going back to the ship on SUday and am going to send you the link. Please e-mail me at jeffshaw65@gmail.com so I'll have your address.

    Good luck!

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts