A Word About My Appearance

I keep getting surprised at my reflection in the mirror. Sometimes a few days go by before i see myself again. It's not like i spend a ton of time in the mirror at home getting ready for my fancy job at Common Ground. In fact, even for auditions and stuff i'm generally more relaxed than, say, even two or three years ago. Oh, sorry did i forget to shave? The casting person will ask you on camera: "Will you shave your beard?" (I didn't realize a week's worth of growth constitutes a "beard"). i will of course answer like all the other dutiful actors: "Yes! I'll shave anything!" But on the road there's an awful lot less grooming. Actually there's no grooming. And no one is paying attention, including me.

These tan lines i have are ever so fetching. i already have a whiter-than-white ass because of swimming laps all year long at a variety of LA's public pools (actually not LA's but Santa Monica's, West Hollywood's and Culver City's). But now there's another layer of white, a different shade, starting from the ass-shaped speedo lines to where my bike shorts end. My knees and thighs are absurdly tan as are my forearms. Remove my watch and i'm wearing an ivory bracelet. My ankles have another severe cut-off from where my socks end (begin?). I have major farmer's tan and my nose is redder than the rest of my ruddy face. My forehead is freckled (skin cancer already?!) and a bit zitty due to the constant grease of sunscreen. In fact, i'm overall zittier than normal My sunglasses leave masked-stranger markings. And my eyes are red and irritated from the wind. And they're swollen to a dimmer and beadier version of themselves cuz of being tired, and the exposure to elements. They're greyer than usual as well. They do often change but i don't know what to make of the stormy color. I've had to wear sunglasses no matter if the sun is behind an armored-car thick layer of cloud My lips are dry. And my tennis-ball short haircut has now grown out to an awkward Mon Chi Chi length. I can many small cuts, abrasions and bruises on my lower legs and perma-black on my calves from the chain which is too difficult to scrub off after a long riding day. My hands look like an old man's...or at least a 40 year old's.

But my little gut is gone.

So i'm a mixed bag in the mirror when I get a chance to investigate.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts